Look around and enjoy getting to know us better!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's time

Ok, all you Moms out there, it's time I got serious. Alivia is here, Dainen is 3, we are all adjusting... It's time to potty train. Some of you may be thinking "What?! Dainen isn't potty trained?" No, he is not. We tried 4 or 5 months ago, but he was so NOT interested and I was sick and not up to fighting him every day. I was also afraid that if we did get him potty trained before Alivia came, he would just revert back for attention. So here we are. I'm tired of changing two kids, and I think he's ready. He tells me when he needs to be changed, especially when he stinks, and he's shown more interest in the potty. So.... what do I do? I want to hear all your tricks, all your advice. If you can't tell, I'm a little bit intimidated by this task and not really sure how to go about it. So any and all advice would be helpful. YAY!! Here we go!

4 comments:

paigernate said...

you must be recovering VERY well to be ready to take on the potty training! we did the 100% naked approach with ej and it worked really great. she was stripped down for the first two days and i pushed LOTS & LOTS of liquids. we had the potty on the family room floor and were on it almost constantly at first. then we graduated to wearing underwear for a couple of days and once she had that down we dressed her completely. it worked GREAT~ but i hear boys and girls are completely different.... but it might work. we did have a hard time convincing her to wear clothes again. she really enjoyed the nudist reign! i still put her in a diaper for naps and nighttime. not quite sure how to conquer that one!

Lesley Ann said...

You have to just go at it full force. Devote a weekend to it and push the liquids. If you don't want to do a little potty chair just take him in and put him on the toilet every 30 min and leave him there until he goes. Then get really excited for him and encourage him to do it again. Once you put underwear on him, just don't go back to diapers. There's a really great book, I'm pretty sure it's called Toilet Training in Less than a Day. I would say it takes more than a day, but if you follow the steps in it, it does work.

Jennifer (Fern) said...

I was terrified and dreading the whole potty training scenario. We always potty trained one child before we had another (in Jordan's case it was one month before we had Belen) and there was never any problem about reverting back.
I read the book "Toilet training in less than a day." I followed it to the letter and it worked!! I used the same principles with each child and had no problems what-so-ever! Just realize: each child takes to it differently (Rebekah took about 2 days to master it and Jordan took 1/2 a day, and I did it at the same age, about 2 1/2 yrs.)
You can do it! I think the parent has to be ready for it more-so than the child!

Carly Kenney said...

I know nothing of the matter, I just wanted to say hi! And I found your blog! yea!!

mine is: carlykenney.blogspot.com