Look around and enjoy getting to know us better!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth of July Fun

(I tried to post this on the 5th, but our internet was having issues, so you get it now a little late.)

Happy Fourth of July!! I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable holiday! Ryan and I spent the day working. :( Ok, not the whole day, but part of it. I guess that just comes with the nature of his work right now. Luckily, we won't be doing this forever. :) So after work, Elizabeth and I went to meet our husbands out where they were selling. And then we all went to Huntington Beach. We met up with other people from the team and we had a picnic, played frisbee, and shared stories. Dainen saw the ocean for the first time. We've taken him to the beach before, but he fell asleep. This time, he seemed to like looking out at the water. Here is Ryan balancing Dainen in one hand. Dainen thinks it is so fun and he just laughs and smiles! It freaks me out, to be honest, but I trust my husband. :) Here I am with my baby. What a cutie! Sitting with Morgan and Madelynn. At sunset. So pretty! The water was too cold to go into, but the sand was fun to play in. Dainen thought the sand felt funny on his feet. Every time I tried to set him in it, he would curl up his toes and his legs and not want to stand. It was really funny. The fireworks were really great! We were going to go watch some from downtown San Diego, but we were told that Huntington has the best show, and I think they were right. Dainen really liked watching the colors and the lights. We made sure to bundle him up good and we just sat back and watched the show. We thought he would fall asleep pretty quick, but he got through most of the fireworks. All in all, it was a great day!

5 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I think the balancing on the hand is just a dad thing. They all seem to like doing that, but it's not that easy when the baby won't lock his knees. :) Go figure, huh?

Jennifer (Fern) said...

Don't you just love the beach? What a perfect way to celebrate the fourth!

paigernate said...

those pictures are absolutely amazing... ahhh, the sunset at the beach- amazing! i am sad we aren't there to spend time with you guys!

Unknown said...

Hey Shannon! I like your new blog look. Your baby is beautiful! Looks like you guys had a great time on the beach for the 4th. Those pictures are amazing.

Julie Avery said...

Love Love Love the pics at the beach. My heart stopped for a sec when I saw the first pic of R. & D. with the balancing act. Oh my Goodness!! S. I miss you! Glad you had fun (most) of the 4th :) Work Sux.